Tuesday, August 25, 2009

.5

Pieatri Posti


Pietari Posti is Barcelona based illustrator who makes art for publishing, advertising, editorial and product. He has an online shop, I think most designer/artists are going into entrepreneurship to market their works. It's not like the olden days where you hang or display your work like the Salon De Paris in the 18th Century. Fair enough we designer are our own creators, promoters, salesperson and the lists goes on. 

This guy, Posti has a very interesting style. Something that is very different. I love how the textures collide in the illustrations and the clever use of high and low tones in his works. The illustrations are 2D but the different tones makes it alive. Incredibly amazing as I looked through his works. I like his work space. He has everything he needs within reach. I think I need to re-space my space. Each time I need the scanner or my paints I need to dig them out.

I am thinking along the lines of online store too. I was just talking to Wani about marketing whimsical illustrations on products. I was thinking of producing my patterns as well. I worked hard at building that project i want to make it useful and productive as possible.

Insya'Allah. If God is Willing.


No comments:

Post a Comment