Friday, February 5, 2010

.90




Grain
Edit

Love this team of people who actually focuses on classic design in the 50s and 70s. They also showcases contemporary designers that draw inspirations from that time period. I love exploring the site just to excite me more and more. Wonderful and lovely design works.

They also have a page where you can find some work or internships. So cool! I wish I can just fly over and work in states. They have so much room for a graphic designer to bloom and grow into a great professional! I gotta try my luck one day man.

Anyway, the images above is the Mitsubishi Chemical Industries: 1958 Calendar they featured in their website some time ago. I love Japanese design for their clean and simple sleek design overall. They are great with geometric and grids. I think ancient people really take grids seriously. People like Michaelangelo who did the sculpture of David with precision.

Japanese Design always awes me. Like if you spot a Japanase design be it a publication or a packging, you will go 'Ah, so Japanese.' They clearly made a trade mark of their own unique style.

No comments:

Post a Comment