Saturday, October 25, 2008

i re-fined my tool

i realised that the way the ink flows on my pen is a little odd. it felt comfortable at first but after a while as i am exploring the pen, i realised the ink runs out quickly even though i dip and scoop quite an amount of ink.

so i changed the angle and now when i write the ink reservoir/storage is facing the paper. and it works!

i am working on my process book and a range of study of the phrases i decided to focus on this semester. been making grids and understanding them. looks easy and fast, but it gave me a neck ache and a dozing head. i have to admit my grids are so imperfect! but it's ok! i am a first timer.

i love how the grids led me to something else. i see more than just one shape or possibility.. but myriads. maybe that's the beauty of  the act of relooking and relooking and the visual experience get richer and richer.

i should make my patterns have this level of sophistication.

No comments:

Post a Comment