Wednesday, September 3, 2008

my very first post!

Here I am creating my very first post in my FYP processbook blog... in class while waiting for Prof Astrid to go round the table to talk to all of us individually about fyp.

I feel that it is never to late to start a blog. I will be writing my journal at the same time, penning down thoughts I have on the train or in the shower or whenever I can't get online.

Well.. first things first. I am happy I finally found a path and a good direction for fyp. I have come to a conclusion to narrow down my gaze to using myself and my religion as a lens to view the world, and to look into the Islamic/Arabic viewpoint of the world.

I am very sure of the two scripts I have chosen to work with intensively, but I am open to exploring other scripts since there are many schools and types in the typology of Islamic Calligraphy.

For now, things to do as of today:

_get the strings process book done
_get my handout for fyp presentation this saturday done_then send to Prof Astrid for edit
_PPT slides, plus speech/script that should be within 7 mins
_put together nicely my updated insight: the title, sentence, paragraph and the new schedule!

Ok quite a few things on hand BUT I shall remain calm and complete things one by one and feel happy about it.

Need to scan those great images from two awesome books I found at the library:

Islamic Calligraphy by Sheila S. Blair 
The Splendour of Islamic Calligraphy by Abdelkebir Khatibi and Mohammed Sijelmassi

Freaking expensive! One cost SGD 280 and the latter is SGD 98. Still thinking whether I should get the book for myself. Or else I would have to keep borrowing it.



p.s I just said something to erica.. i love calligraphy like how i love my soul.


more later...



No comments:

Post a Comment