Friday, September 26, 2008

clarification






In wider sense, 'batin' can refer to the inner meaning or reality behind all existence, the zahir being the world of form and apparent meaning.

zahir: what we see: nature moving
batin: we know how nature moves, because there's wind. and Allah causes the wind to happen.

since batin can refer to reality behind all existence.wind itself is very much felt and not seen through the eyes. we are able see wind through another form that is more apparent, that is nature.

so as to speak of my patterns,

zahir: my calligraphic patterns, the mergence of kufic and nashki scripts
batin: what emotions my audience will feel
: by knowing someone creates this work

they will feel my presence through the expression of my patterns.

like how nature moves, we feel wind and we know it's wind and we felt Allah's presence.; as He who creates the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment