Sunday, September 21, 2008

confessions

i have to admit this. i feel a little stuck. i enjoy the exercise re-connect but the exercise is making my fyp tricky.. as in if i draw inspirations from re-connect, my whole system of patterns will take on another level of representation.

it will no longer be static. it will be something i am unsure yet.

i once had a vision. my system of patterns is something 2d, flat and something to be applied for wearable and other products. but the exercise re-connect made me realise the patterns cannot be represented in that way. it doesnt show the flow of batin.. BUT batin is more important than zahir.

oh gosh. i feel a little lost. but i think i am suppose to feel that way every now and then when i meet a junction of truth.

ok initially i want my patterns.... the mergence of zahir and batin to represent a balanced individual. in my opinion, zahir is the pattern itself and the batin is the content. like how we look at a painting, the beauty is the zahir, but the painter is the batin as existence is felt. but does that reach out to my audience efficiently?

of course it does not communicate effectively enough!

the content is transcribed text from my poem. not everyone can read english jawi. so the content which is the batin is not felt as strongly like how impactful the waves as they hit the shores.. i need something new, a solution to resolve this batin thingy. i need to look in deeper. how can i show my zahir and batin at the same time. how can i show my patterns and at the same time show the fluency of their batin which is also eventually the content of my poem!

i kinda brainstorm about the representation of my patterns.

i think i need to explore how textural type works. designed experience and how a space can be used to evoke the emotion. as it is batin is something felt. so when my viewer looks at my pattern, they feel something and have an expression of it. and another time they look at the same patterns, it is a different feel, presence and expression altogether.

time for serious thinking.




No comments:

Post a Comment