Tuesday, December 16, 2008

first round patterns_phrase one






these patterns are the ones i showed for presentation on Nov 8th.

they are all made of the same phrase. me a woman; big, bold spirited. =)

anyway before i came up with these, i have have many calligraphic explorations. and chose some explorations to put them into grids i have practiced drawing for a few days. it was a fun process to see how my motif can be developed into a pattern when i put them into the different grids.

it was very enriching and i have many ideas running in my head. this is November's work. I will update December's works after this. This time, the whole library of patterns is complete!


i am left with exploring colours suited for the application i have brainstormed and envisioned. i sort of know what to display for the whole installation on graduation day.. i just need to gather the props and then i can tell Omar how much things I need to print. I am sketching the spaces now. As for those patterns/applications I could not print due to budget constrain, I will be mocking them up like an interior design display.


hmm lots of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment