Tuesday, December 16, 2008

concentration

this is a big word. some days i find myself very focused. some days i find myself totally lost and just no mood to do anything. well i have everything in my head but execution takes a whole new effort on my lazy bones.

i do tell myself i have to be more pro-active in fyp. i am excited to try out the different colors and all. but i just don;t know what is keeping me lagging behind. 

i am kinda on schedule.

yesterday i have talked to Omar about my applications. he has seen my patterns and he said they are feasible to be printed. I will only be using some of the patterns to print on some applications. 

More importantly, after talking to Dr Kate, we both agree how i can progress with my pattern making...

/show adaptability: since i am reaching a broader audience, then my patterns must be accessible, adaptable and versatile.

/play with proportion, sizes and scale of my motifs: this is because I need to understand how my patterns work on a wallpaper, or let say a smaller item like a handkerchief.

/what i choose to display has to rely on the shape: now i am making patterns by exploring how i can put in curvilinear calligraphy into an angular grid and vice versa.

/play with colors: this also show versatility, show different context and mood. colors also brings out the quality of my patterns applied on the application.

/need to survey women on their reactions to my patterns and what the colors represents to them or has made them feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment