Thursday, March 19, 2009

colour as location

It's been two months since the last update. I was pretty busy with fyp makings. right after the first presentation in Jan, I worked on the colour palettes and dug into some more books and research. I chose colours according to locations now. The locations gave me that same feeling as when each prayer time comes. This whole process felt special to me as it was very close to my heart, my religion.

I spent some time with choosing locations and colours but it was worth the tedious process. here are the palettes and its locations.




Birth awakens our sense with the colours inspired from Vakil Mosque in Shiraz, Iran. Birth symbolizes pure and fresh self with the use of soft pastel colours.



Blossom perks up the day with the colour inspired from Nasr Al-Mulk Mosque in Shiraz, Iran and Lahore Fort in Pakistan. Blossom symbolizes energy vibes in self with the use of vibrant colours.



Growth expands our potential with the colours inspired from Quyi Mosque in Tripoli, Libya. Growth symbolizes one’s potential to thrive with the use of nature colours.



Peace embraces the peace and quiet with the colours inspired from Mausoleum of Najm Al Din Kobra in Turkmenistan and Masjid-I shah in Isfahan, Iran. Peace symbolizes solitude and calm with the use of cool colours.




Glimmer glistens and glows with the colours inspired from Mausoleum of Tughabeg Khanum, Turkmenistan. Glimmer symbolizes the sparkle in self with bold colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment